|Welcome to your Death Knight! You will start out at level 55 with
0 talent points. The DK starting quests award "Bonus Talents" to help
ramp you up to the 51 talent points that a level 60 player should
have. For this reason, you must complete all Death Knight quests.
These first few quests are pretty self-explanatory, so let's move
through them swiftly from the moment you begin. All the starting
quests are right next to each other.
- Get In Service of the Lich King from The Lich King
- Turn around and enter the next room to turn the quest in to
Instructor Razuvious. Get the follow-up The Emblazoned
In the room, use the Weapon Rack on a wall in the room
and use the Battle-Worn Sword by the Runeforge.
- Turn in The Emblazoned Runeblade and get the follow-up
Runeforging: Preparation for Battle.
Turn in Runeforging: Preparation for Battle and get the
follow-up The Endless Hunger. Enter the center circle in
the room and free an Unworthy Initiate by clicking on the
chains connected to the wall, then kill the Initiate and turn
the quest in to Instructor Razuvious to get the follow-up
quest The Eye of Acherus.
- Walk back to a Runeforge and use your Runeforging
ability in your spellbook and select an appropriate forging
(Recommended: Rune of Cinderglacier).
Return to The Lich King and turn the quest in and get
the follow-up Death Comes From On High.
- Activate the controls for the Eye of Acherus. When
you obtain control of the eye and it's movement, you will
have access to the following abilities (located now on your
main action bar):
- Siphon of Acherus - Used to gather information about
structures for the quest
- Summon Ghouls on Scarlet Crusade - Used to distract
ground Scarlet Crusade Soldiers into attacking spawned
Ghouls while you collect structure information
- Shroud - Goes Stealth, helpful for escaping and moving
between information-gathering locations
- Recall Eye of Acherus - Returns you to your body
in Ebon Hold. Use this after quest objectives are complete
Use Siphon of Acherus at The
Scarlet Hold, New Avalon Forge, New Avalon Town
Hall, Chapel of the Crimson Flame. When complete,
return to your body in Ebon Hold and turn the quest
in and get the follow-up The Might of the Scourge.
Step on the pink glowing Transporter
to be teleported to a lower section of Ebon Hold. Turn
in The Might of the Scourge to Highlord Darion Mograine
and get the follow-up quests:
Report to Scourge
The Power of Blood,
Frost, and Unholy
Walk up the stairs (past the teleporter
you entered through, but don't go in it again) and turn in
your quest to Scourge Commander Thalanor. Get the follow-up
The Scarlet Harvest.
Fly down to Death's Breach
using a Scourge Gryphon. Turn The Scarlet Harvest
in to Prince Valanar and get all the quests:
Talk to and 'duel' 5 Deathknight
Initiates in the area, then turn in Death's Challenge.
If Chaos Drives, Let Suffering
Hold the Reins
Grand Theft Palomino
Tonight We Dine in Havenshire
- Leave Death's Breach and follow the path to Havenshire
Farms. Kill 10 Scarlet Crusaders, 10 Citizens of
Havenshire, and loot 15 Saronite Arrows.
- Get and Complete Abandoned Mail by the mailbox.
- After finishing all of these objectives, steal a Havenshire
Horse from the stable area and ride it back up to Death's
- Use the horse's Deliver Stolen Horse ability when you
arrive in Death's Breach to complete the quest. Turn in
all of your quests, and finish killing Deathknight Initiates
or dueling other players to finish Death's Challenge.
Get the new quest, Into the Realm of Shadows.
- Return south to the Havenshire Farms area. Locate a Dark
Rider of Acherus, and kill him to gain control of his steed.
- Return with the mount to Death's Breach and use the horse's
Horseman's Call ability to call Salanar into the
shadow realm and complete the quest for you. You now have permanent
access to the Deathknight 100% speed mount.
- Get Gothik the Harvester, and turn it in to Gothik
who is nearby. Get the follow-up, The Gift That Keeps On Giving.
- Enter the Havenshire Mine to the northeast. Use the Gift
of the Harvester in your inventory on Scarlet Miners
to have a chance of turning them into Scarlet Ghouls. Gather
5 of them.
- Return to Gothik the Harvester to turn the quest in.
and get the follow-up An Attack of Opportunity.
- Turn Attack of Opportunity it in to Prince Valanar
in Death's Breach and get the follow-up Massacre at
- Return to the mine you were just at -- to it's right should
be an Inconspicuous Minecar.
- Get in the Minecar and wait for a miner to come and carry you
to a boat at Light's Point. Get on one of the boat's Cannons
use the cannon's (Ability 1) and keep pressing 1 to quickly
kill Defenders. Use (Ability 2) whenever the defenders
approach the cannon. Finish killing 100 Scarlet Defenders.
- When done, use the cannon's Gryphon ability to return to Death's
Breach and turn Massacre at Light's Point in and get
the follow-up Victory at Death's Breach.
- Fly one of the Scourge Gryphons up from Death's Breach
to Highlord Darion Mograine in Ebon Hold. Get The
Will of the Lich King, train your level 56 abilities.
Head out of Death's Breach towards the fields to talk
to Noth the Plaguebringer to get The Plaguebringer's
- Then, fly back down to Death's Breach to turn the quest
in and get the follow-up The Crypt of Remembrance.
Go to the Crypt of Remembrance, turn in the quest The
Crypt of Remembrance and get the follow-up Lambs to the
Enter New Avalon at the location indicated on the map
(western entrance) and go into the Inn. Enter the Inn's basement,
and pick up the Empty Cauldron.
Exit the Inn and head over to the Town Hall on the southwest
side of town. Kill Mayer Quimby, and pick up the New
Return to the Crypt of Remembrance to turn in Nowhere
to Run and Nowhere to Hide and get the follow-up How to
Win Friends and Influence Enemies. Open the box and dual-wield
the two Keleseth's Persuaders within.
- Enter New Avalon through the eastern entrance, killing
Citizens of New Avalon and Scarlet Crusade Soldiers
while you make your way to the Forge to your left.
Pick up the Iron Chain in the forge, and continue killing
Crusade mobs until you've completed Lambs to the Slaughter,
The Plaguebringer's Request, and How to Win Friends and
- Return to Noth the Plaguebringer and turn in The Plaguebringer's
Request. Then, get Noth's Special Brew and 'use' the
cauldron that is behind Noth. This quest is repeatable
and gives you a potion that restores health and Runic Power.
- Return to the Crypt of Remembrance and turn in Lambs
to the Slaughter, and How to Win Friends and Influence
- Get Behind Scarlet Lines and travel to the Scarlet
Tavern in New Avalon to turn it in.
Get the follow-ups The Path of the Righteous Crusader and
Brothers in Death.
- Go to the Scarlet Hold, on the eastern edge of New
Return to the Scarlet Tavern to turn the quests in. Get
the follow-up A Cry for Vengeance.
- Inside of the Hold, go upstairs. In the 'main' center room
upstairs pick up the Patrol Schedule on the table.
- Head back downstairs, all the way into the basement. Talk
to Koltira Deathweaver to complete Brothers in Death.
Get the quest Bloody Breakout, and stay inside of the
protective bubble that Koltira creates. Survive several
waves of mobs, mitigating their spell damage by remaining inside
of the bubble. If you leave the bubble, you will take much more
damage. Use ranged abilities and pull spells to kill mobs, including
High Inquisitor Valroth who eventually comes down after
several waves of lesser mobs.
Head to the Chapel of the Crimson Flame. Turn the quest
in to Knight Commander Plaguefist and get the follow-up
quest A Special Surprise.
Get A Sort of Homecoming, and then return to Thassarian
at the Scarlet Tavern to turn it in.
- Enter the long house near the chapel, this is the Prison
House. Walk up to the NPC that the Knight told you to speak
with (it varies depending on your race).
- Wait for the NPC's dialogue to complete, kill him/her, and
return to the Knight to turn the quest in.
Get Ambush at the Overlook and head to the ambush spot
where you should use the tree disguise item you received to disguise
yourself as a very convincing tree. When the Scarlet Courier
comes to inspect you, kill him when you are able, take his Scarlet
Courier's Belongings and the Scarlet Courier's Message.
- Return to the Scarlet Tavern and turn in Ambush
at the Overlook.
- Get the follow-up A Meeting With Fate and go back to
the Overlook while disguised as the Scarlet Courier. (You
can mount with the disguise)
Turn the quest in to High General Abbendis at King's Harbor
and get the follow-up The Scarlet Onslaught Merges.
- Return to the Scarlet Tavern to turn it in and get the
follow-up Scarlet Armies Approach...
- Take the portal to Acherus: Ebon Hold to turn the quest
in to Mograine in the center circle of the room and then
train your level 57 abilities.
Get The Scarlet Apocalypse and fly down to Death's Breach
using one of the Scourge Gryphons to turn the quest in to
the Lich King and get the follow-up An End to All Things.
Look in your bags, and use the item he gave you to summon a Frostwyrm
that you can ride to complete the quest.
- Fly back towards New Avalon on the Frostwyrm and use
the Wyrm's Frozen Deathbolt spell to kill 150 Scarlet
Soldiers, and 10 Scarlet Ballistas.
Use the wyrm's Devour Humanoid ability on some of the lone
Scarlet Soldiers in the Havenshire Farms area if you
run low on mana or need to recoup some health. You have to be almost
in melee range to them for the Devour to work.
Return to Death's Breach when you've completed the quest
and turn it in and get the follow-up The Lich King's Command.
- Leave northwest through hte cave and follow the path slightly
south to Highlord Darion Mograine at Browman Mill.
When you arrive you should see a timer at the top of your screen
telling you how long until the next attack on Light's Hope
Chapel. When the attack begins, follow the other Deathknights
and NPC's to the Chapel, and kill everything you see.
Port to Acherus and turn in Taking Back Acherus and
get the follow-up The Battle For The Ebon Hold.
- Watch the NPC's talk exhaustively after you 'lose.' Then,
turn in The Light of Dawn to Highlord Darion Mograine
and get Taking Back Acherus.
- Take the teleporter and kill 10 Scourge, and assist
in killing Patchwerk. Then, return to Mograine
using the teleport, and get the follow-up Where Kings Walk
(Alliance) or Warchief's Blessing (Horde).
- Take the portal to Stormwind or Orgrimmar,
and turn in the respective quest.
You should now be level 58 and can proceed with your respective
faction's 58+ levelling guides! Cast the Death Gate and return
to train your skills - whenever you level as a death knight, you
will train inside the necropolis and can return there instantly
via the Death Gate. Happy levelling!